Summer Student Job Opportunity:
Adult Literacy Program, Computer Training Instructor
This is a 30 hour per week contract position in Midland, ON with a wage of $14.00/hour plus 4% vacation pay and paid statutory holidays for an 8-week period starting July 3rd , 2018.
The successful candidate must meet the requirements of the Canada Summer Jobs criteria:
- Is between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment,
- Was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year,
- Intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year,
- Is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, vocational or technical program,
- Is a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Act (Foreign Students are not eligible),
- Is legally entitled to work in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Design curriculum to teach seniors how to use and how to get the most out of their digital devices (tablets, smartphones, etc.) and social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snap Chat, etc.)
- Create interesting, relevant and interactive activities
- Teach and encourage strategies, techniques and suggestions on how to adapt to changing technology
- Teach the curriculum via one/one tutoring and/or small groups
- Meet individual needs with regards to specific devices or social media choices
- Elicit user feedback and make recommendations for improvements
- Promote service via Gateway’s social media and other opportunities
- Respond to inquiries from the public
- Receive and process registrations
- Schedule workshops and drop-in times and book training space
- Ensure all individuals using computers adhere to Gateway policies and procedures
- Complete written reports as required
- Provide feedback and suggestions to the Executive Director
- Preferred Post-secondary student
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Computer literate (Windows and MAC)
- Ability to pass criminal record check and vulnerable sector screening.
Submit a resume by email to: email@example.com by Friday, June 1, 2018
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Adult Literacy Program, Computer Training Instructor Job Description – PDF